Moonfire Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A book I'm working on

3 posters

Go down

A book I'm working on Empty A book I'm working on

Post by xXTwilightWolfXx Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:59 pm

I know this is really long but it is going to be a book. This is just the first chapter, and I'm not even done with it yet! Don't worrys, I won't post the whole book. Probably just the first chapter when it's done. Anyways, here it is! And my book is called Mind. If there is any errors sorry! Hope you like it!

Chapter 1- The Beginning
My name is Ryley Anderson. I am thirteen years old. I look just like every other girl, but I’m not. I am different, and I don’t care. Who knows how this happened? Not me, but I don’t care. The only thing that matters to me now is live how the world wants me to live. I was given this gift for a reason, I should use it wisely. It all started when I was little.
I was six years old at the time. My parents, Tony and Sarah, were outside with me, and my twin brother, Zach. We don’t look alike though, because we are fraternal twins. They let me walk around on my own, while my brother was in a play-pen by them. We had woods by our house, and they often took me for hikes in them. They were talking to each other and I was following a bunny. One thing I should tell you before we go any farther is that I was always hearing voices in my head. I told no one about this, thinking it was all my imagination, and I didn’t talk much at all anyways. So as I was following this bunny, I heard someone telling me to run away, but I didn’t listen. I just sat down as the bunny ran away. I layed down in the lush, green grass, trying to find pictures in the clouds. Then, it happened. A huge dog trotted out of the forest, and sat down only five feet from where I layed. I heard my mom scream, and my dad tell the dog to get out of here, but all I did was stare at it. I heard voices again. It was a pretty voice, but there was a sad sound to it.
Ryley, the voice said. This startled me. None of the voices ever spoke of my name before, but before I could actually figure out what was going on my mom had me tight in her arms, and my dad was yelling and kicking at the dog.
“Stop it Daddy!” I yelled. I kicked and pushed on my mom for her to put me down. She did not let go, instead she just tried to calm me down and went inside. Only then did she put me down, as she shut the door.
“Mommy! What is Daddy doing to that doggy?” I asked. I stood at the door, reaching for the handle, but I was not tall enough. I sat down and started to cry.
“Ryley, that was not a doggy,” she said picking me up again. I pushed on her stubbornly. “Calm down, sweetie. It’s going to be all right.” She hugged me to her chest.
“No! Let me down! Where is the doggy?” I was still pushing and kicking. Just then my dad walked in carrying Zach. My mom put me down and I ran up to him. “What did you do to the doggy? Why did you try to hurt it?” I yelled at him.
He knelt down to my level. “Honey that was not a dog. It was a wolf, and wolves are bad. They could hurt you,” he told me.
I didn’t exactly know what a wolf was, but I did read Little Red Riding Hood. The wolf in that story was called The Big Bad Wolf. But this wolf was different. There was something about its pretty silver eyes, its big silver and white body, and its sad expression. It was not bad. It said my name. It knew my name. I had to do something. If I didn’t, what would happen to the wolfy?
“Mommy, Daddy?” I asked them.
“Yes sweetie?” Now my mom knelt down to my height.
“That wolfy, it said my name,” I said slowly. My parents looked at each other, like they didn’t know what to say.
Finally my dad said, “Animals don’t talk, and… I didn’t hear anything.”
“I know they don’t,” I argued. For a six year old, my parents always said I was smart. Not like I could win the spelling bee or anything, but they said I knew my surroundings. That I knew how to handle the world around me. Also, they said I knew how to argue. “You couldn’t hear her. You can’t hear all the animals. It’s just me.”
“I think you need a nap,” my mom picked me up and took me to my room. I didn’t fight her this time. I wasn’t going to win. They would never believe me, but I knew I was right. So, when she put me down for a nap, I took a nap. Then later that night, when everyone was asleep, I heard the most beautiful sound. A lonely wolf, howling in the forest.
My life went on like this, until I turned thirteen on April 15th. We were all telling stories, and my mom decided to bring up my wolf story.
“This happened when Ryley was just six years old. We let her explore outside and she layed down by the woods looking up at the clouds. Tony and I didn’t think anything of it and looked away from her and starting talking. Just then, I looked back at her to check on her. There was a huge white wolf sitting a couple feet away from her! I screamed, and Tony saw what I saw and ran to the wolf. He started yelling and kicking at it to scare it away. All I cared about was getting Ryley out of there. I picked her up and ran to the house. For some reason she was kicking me the whole way,” I had gotten tired of her story by then and walked off to my room. She was still telling the rest of it because I could hear her from my room. All of a sudden everyone at my party started laughing, and I heard my aunt say, “She said that animals talk to her?” They all just kept laughing.
The animals really did talk to me. Still. I knew it was not my imagination, now that I was smarter. I could understand better what they were saying. Some of them even spoke directly to me, but I didn’t answer. I just didn’t think about it, because every time I did, I remembered the beautiful wolf that summer day. Every day I longed to see that wolf again, but it has been so long. Wild animals just don’t live that long. Even with this in mind, I knew my wolf was out there. I could feel it, and I would see it. Tonight, when everyone is asleep, I will go out to find my wolf.
It is ten o’clock and the people are finally leaving. I told all the people at my party that I didn’t feel good, and that I was going to bed about an hour ago. That, of course, was a lie. I felt perfectly fine, just anxious. I waited and waited. The only one left was my dad now. Finally, he shut the T.V. off, and walked up the stairs to his room. I felt like I had just been released from jail, but then I sighed. I should probably wait a while, so they have time to actually fall asleep. A half hour, that should be enough.
I sat there, listening to the sounds of a spring night. There was really nothing out there but a couple of owls from the woods. Then I decided to look out my window. I pulled up the blinds and stuck my face to the glass. First, I looked around the yard. There was nothing exciting there. Then, I scanned the tree lines. Nothing there either. I was just about to give up when I saw a shadow against the trees. It was moving, coming closer to my window with every step. And then, it stopped. Right in the middle of my back-yard. The huge white wolf, sat down. It stared right at me. This can’t be real. I shut my eyes tightly and opened them back up. The wolf was still there.
Ryley come out here, it pleaded in its beautiful sad voice.
I just sat there, staring at it.
You can talk to me Ryley; say something in your mind. I’ll hear it, she told me. I knew it was a she because it was the most perfect voice you could ever hear. It was clear, and just the right pitch.
I’m coming, I told her, but how do I know this is safe? Even if it wasn’t safe, I would probably still go out there. But still, I wanted to know what she wanted with me.
Well, she started, it might not be the best thing for you, but we need your help. You’re a special child, and we need you to save us. You and your brother.
I didn’t answer her then. I just quietly snuck out of my room and slowly opened and closed the door. There she stood. In the front yard now.
Your quick, I told her, but we should probably go into the back-yard again. So this is as private as it can be. As I looked out to the court, all the houses in the circles lights were out. But just to be safe we should go into the back. Then she was gone. Just a faint breeze showed any signs of movement. I heard a quiet chuckle in my mind. What are you? I asked. Wolves don’t do all of this.
I’m a wolf, as you can see. But you can also see that there is something that is not normal to you right? Tell me what that is, she asked me.
Well first of all, you should not be here. It was seven years ago when we met. Wolves don’t live that long, I said.
So what does that tell you, Ryley? Think of the impossible.
I had read some weird books. One turned out to be the best book I have ever read. It’s called Twilight. It’s a series of books about mythical creatures. The vampire and the werewolf. The series is made for teenage girls. So I read them and dreamed to be in a world like that. Maybe, my dream has come true.
I know a little about the impossible. You never die? I guessed. And you never age, I added.
But I grew up, she said, it just doesn’t go any farther than that.
Do you have name? I asked her. I didn’t want to be rude and just call her wolf.
My name is Dakota, she said. And instead of making you guess the rest of the story I think I’m just going to tell you.
That would be nice, I laughed quietly, but I have one question first.
Anything, she sat down and waited patiently.
Before, you said we, I started, what do you mean we need your help? And what does my brother have to do with anything? He can’t hear animals talking to him.
When I said we I was talking about my pack. And your brother has just as much to do with this as you do. Uh, you can ask him yourself. She nodded her head towards something behind me.
I turned around and Zach was standing there with his arms crossed. “Zach! Get inside!” I yelled at him as quietly as I could.
“No,” he said stubbornly as he rolled his eyes, “Dakota is not just talking about you, Ryley. Anyways, I know her more than you do.” Zach walked up to Dakota and sat down next to her. He smiled as he patted her head. “You have so much to learn Ryley, and so do I. So let’s get to work.”
“What are you talking about Zach?” I rolled my eyes now.
Zach and Dakota looked at each other. Then Dakota spoke to me again.
As I was going to say before, we need you. For the survival of our kind, we need you to help us win. We are a rare species of wolf, and we stay away from people so they can’t use our powers for evil. I am hundreds of times faster than you. She ran around my whole house in a second. And hundreds of times stronger. She went over to a tree in the woods and slashed it with her claws. It left a deep gash in the tree’s bark. Now, I could’ve knocked that tree over, but we don’t want to wake up the neighbors do we?
Never, I said with wide eyes. Dakota and Zach laughed at my expression. “So Zach, what exactly do you know about all of this?” I narrowed my eyes at him.
“More than you,” he smiled, and then went on, “I know why the wolves need our help, and what we have to do to save them. Well, you don’t have to do it, but I’ve already made up my mind to help.” Zach looked at Dakota and then nodded.
I sighed. “What now? How come I couldn’t hear that?”
“Because she didn’t want you to, not yet,” Zach replied simply. Then he looked towards the woods with a confused yet guarded expression. I looked too. Another wolf was running out now. It was much bigger, a male. And it was pitch black.
Dakota! He yelled to her. The male totally ignored us as he ran to Dakota. Dakota! Skyler claims to have seen a werewolf about three miles away. He says it was big, probably Jason? The wolf was breathing hard, either he was scared or he had came a long way. I didn’t have any time to be confused, only scared. He had mentioned the word werewolf. Werewolves were real. I started breathing hard myself. Zach came up to me and put his arm around my shoulders.

I have more but when I posted it, it said the message was too long. So, if you want to hear the rest of what I have I will post another message with the rest.

Oh and one more thing, I copied and pasted this from Microsoft Word, and when they talk through their minds its supposed to be in italics, but it didn't make it in italics on this. It would take a really long time to go back and do it now, so I didn't. I think it's a little confusing, sorry. Neutral

~ Lava
xXTwilightWolfXx
xXTwilightWolfXx
Pup
Pup

Back to top Go down

A book I'm working on Empty Re: A book I'm working on

Post by Talon Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:50 am

lolz.

it's a nice story.... i personaly haven't seen Twilight so i barely know anything about it... apart from the fact that there is vampires, werewolves and other random things..... that i forgot or can't mention. Razz

keep going Very Happy
Talon
Talon
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by xXTwilightWolfXx Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:26 pm

Well, it doesn't really have that much to do with Twilight, but the whole Twilight series was kinda my insipiration... What a Face

~ Lava
xXTwilightWolfXx
xXTwilightWolfXx
Pup
Pup

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:52 am

hahahaah well... goodluck with the story Very Happy

you should see mine.... the 'inspiration' or idea... or rather the eniter thing came from SPORE! ahahaha
Talon
Talon
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by xXTwilightWolfXx Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:32 pm

ok I'll check it out Very Happy

~ Lava
xXTwilightWolfXx
xXTwilightWolfXx
Pup